Energy Efficiency Rebates Program
Effective January 1, 2017
Harrison County Rural Electric Cooperative “Rebate” program, as it relates to our “Switch Makes Cents” program, is available to any member/owner of the cooperative, according to the following schedule and list of circumstances.
Questions about these rebates, contact Tim Plumb, Director of Member Services at (800)822-5591 or (712) 647-2727 or email@example.com.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Ground –Source Heat Pumps
Units can be new construction or replacement and must meet minimum Energy Star® requirements as follows:
- COP greater than 3.3
- EER greater than 14.1
Air Source Heat Pumps
New construction, replacement or add-on units. Based on the following Energy Efficiency Energy Star specifications:
Backup with electric:
- SEER rating 14.5; $600/unit
- SEER rating 15-16; $700/unit
- SEER rating 16 and greater; $800/unit
Backup with natural gas or propane:
- SEER rating 14.5; $400/unit
- SEER rating 15-16; $500/unit
- SEER rating 16 and greater; $600/unit
Ductless mini split HP = SEER rating 14.5 or greater $200.00
Rebate for new construction or replacement. Unit must be 50 gallons or larger with 90% or greater energy factor and wired to Switch Makes Cents load control program.
- 50 gal = $300
- 75 gal = $350
- 85 gal = $400
- 105 gal = $500
Central Air Conditioning
Based on Energy Star rating.
- SEER rating 14.5 or greater; $100/unit
Window & Portable Air Conditioners
- Based on Energy Star specifications - $25/unit
30% of cost, Limited to a maximum of $800/building/year, in addition to 30% tax credit.
- Qualifying building must have electric heat as primary heat source.
- Qualifying insulation includes blown-in, insulating concrete forms, rigid Styrofoam panels, and/or structural insulated panels.
- Insulation must be installed by a registered contractor.
Rebates for Energy Star appliances including:
- Clothes washer @ $50/unit
- Clothes dryer @ $25/unit
- Refrigerator @ $25/unit
- Freezer @ $25/unit
- Dishwasher @ $25/unit
Maximum total appliance rebate per member-consumer of $250/year.
- CFL, T-8 and/or T-5 Fluorescent Tubes = $100/kW minimum 0.5 kW
- LED = $300/kW minimum 0.5 kW up to a maximum rebate of 50% of the fixture/bulb cost submitted
- Reduced Wattage Metal Halide Low Ballast Lamps = $25/kW minimum 0.5 kW up to maximum rebate of 50% of fixture/bulb cost submitted