Harrison County Rural Electric Cooperative, in partnership with Basin Electric Power Cooperative, is proud to sponsor seven $1,000 scholarships to students within the communities of our service territory.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Students must be a high school senior attending school at any of the following: Denison Community School District, Boyer Valley Community School, West Harrison Community School, Woodbine Community School, Logan-Magnolia Community School, Missouri Valley Community School, or Tri-Center Community School. We will award one applicant from each school district with a $1,000 scholarship.
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time graduate or undergraduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school
- Scholarship must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
- Recipient will be selected by results of a selected committee appointed by Harrison County REC and their decision is final announcing the winner. Judging winning entry is based on a combination of the following:
- Resume including work experience and any extracurricular activities.
- A one-page essay answering the question - "How do cooperatives benefit our communities?"
- Letter of recommendation from a high school counselor, advisor, instructor or work supervisor.
Completed application and other necessary documents must be at our office by March 4, 2022.
Return to: Kristi Travis, Harrison County Rural Electric Cooperative; P. O. Box 2; 105 Enterprise Dr; Woodbine, IA 51579
or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.