Annually Harrison County Rural Electric Cooperative and Basin Electric Power Cooperative sponsor a $1,000 scholarship to a dependent (including adopted or step-child) of a Harrison County REC member.
The scholarship is designed to recognize and encourage academic achievements of students in the eight-state region where wholesale electric power is supplied by Basin Electric Power Cooperative of Bismarck, ND.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be dependent, including adopted or stepchild, of Harrison County REC member
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time graduate or undergraduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school
- Scholarship must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given
- Students are eligible to receive an award only once from their local cooperative.
Scholarships are awarded with regard to other awards, loans, or financial assistance obtained by the applicant. Recipient will be selected by results of a selected committee appointed by Harrison County REC and their decision is final announcing the winner. Judging winning entry is based on a combination of the following:
- SAT/ACT scores and overall GPA
- Work experience
- Participation in school and community activities
- Personal statement of career goals
- Written recommendation of a third party
- Your essay selection from the application choices
Contact Kristi Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (712) 647-2727 or (800) 822-5591 with any questions or for an application request by mail.
Completed application and other necessary documents must be at our office by February 17, 2020. Return to: Kristi Davis, Harrison County Rural Electric Cooperative; P. O. Box 2; 105 Enterprise Dr; Woodbine, IA 51579